The HBS anti-corrosion solution
PROTECT YOUR BOLTS against corrosion and adhesive environments to extend durability and save on maintenance costs with Xylan 1070 or Xylan 1424.
We offer different SOLUTIONS against ANTI-CORROSION, ANTI-PEEL and ANTI-RUST.
SOLUTION: Protect your bolts with PTFE. Polytetrafluoroethylene or PTFE is an extra Teflon protection layer with an average thickness of 15-20µ which comes in several colors such as Dark Blue, Green, Yellow and Red. We use Xylan 1070 or Xylan 1424 from Whitford to get your fasteners coated with a PTFE top coat.
How are PTFE coated fasteners made?
STEP ONE: Applying a base-coat such as Phosphate, Zinc, Zinc-Nickel, Hot Dip Galvanized or Xylar 1. The base coat has an average thickness of 10-15µ (except for HDG). See the table below to determine which base coat is best suited to your situation.
Corrosion resistance base coat
Within 24 hours.
Within 200-300 hours.
Hot Dip Galvanized
Within 600-700 hours
Within: 900-1000 hours
Within: 1200-1300 hours
STEP TWO: Glass-shot blasting to roughen the surface of the fasteners to be coated.
STEP THREE: Having fasteners coated with PTFE Xylan 1070 or Xylan 1424 in the required color. See the table below for the top coat most suited to for your situation.
ASTM B-117 Salt Spray test
Fluoropolymer Organic. Water-based. Average thickness topcoat: 16µ.
*In combination with Zinc-Nickel: up to 3300 hours
-20℃ to 180℃
Fluoropolymer Organic. Solvent-based. Average thickness topcoat: 16µ.
*In combination with Zinc-Nickel: up to 3900 hours
-195℃ to 260℃
STEP FOUR: Heat treatment of the coated fasteners is performed.
What are the benefits of PTFE Xylan coated fasteners?
- Anti-Rust. In a ASTM B-117 Salt Spray test the coating remains resistant up to 3900 hours before red rust occurs.
- Sustainability. As we are working towards a circular economy, PTFE coated fasteners are more sustainable then regular bolts due to their longer durability.
- Lower maintenance costs. Longer durability of bolts does not only result in more sustainability but also lower maintenance costs.
- Low torque friction coefficient. Due to the TEFLON top layer, torque friction is low.
- Added value. Using colored bolts into the colored frame work, valve, flange or heat exchanger gives your product extra added value.