The HBS anti-corrosion solution
PROTECT YOUR BOLTS against corrosion and adhesive environments to extend durability and save on maintenance costs with Xylan 1070 or Xylan 1424.
We offer different SOLUTIONS against ANTI-CORROSION, ANTI-PEEL and ANTI-RUST.
SOLUTION: Protect your bolts with PTFE. Polytetrafluoroethylene or PTFE is an extra Teflon protection layer with an average thickness of 15-20µ which comes in several colors such as Dark Blue, Green, Yellow and Red. We use Xylan 1070 or Xylan 1424 from Whitford to get your fasteners coated with a PTFE top coat.
How are PTFE coated fasteners made?
STEP ONE: Applying a base-coat such as Phosphate, Zinc, Zinc-Nickel, Hot Dip Galvanized or Xylar 1. The base coat has an average thickness of 10-15µ (except for HDG). See the table below to determine which base coat is best suited to your situation.
|Base coat||Corrosion resistance base coat|
|Phosphate||Within 24 hours.|
|Electro-Zinc||Within 200-300 hours.|
|Hot Dip Galvanized||Within 600-700 hours|
|Zinc-Nickel||Within: 900-1000 hours|
|Xylar 1||Within: 1200-1300 hours|
STEP TWO: Glass-shot blasting to roughen the surface of the fasteners to be coated.
STEP THREE: Having fasteners coated with PTFE Xylan 1070 or Xylan 1424 in the required color. See the table below for the top coat most suited to for your situation.
|Top coat||Comments:||ASTM B-117 Salt Spray test||
|Fluoropolymer Organic. Water-based. Average thickness topcoat: 16µ.||*In combination with Zinc-Nickel: up to 3300 hours||-20℃ to 180℃|
Fluoropolymer Organic. Solvent-based. Average thickness topcoat: 16µ.
|*In combination with Zinc-Nickel: up to 3900 hours||-195℃ to 260℃|
STEP FOUR: Heat treatment of the coated fasteners is performed.
What are the benefits of PTFE Xylan coated fasteners?
- Anti-Rust. In a ASTM B-117 Salt Spray test the coating remains resistant up to 3900 hours before red rust occurs.
- Sustainability. As we are working towards a circular economy, PTFE coated fasteners are more sustainable then regular bolts due to their longer durability.
- Lower maintenance costs. Longer durability of bolts does not only result in more sustainability but also lower maintenance costs.
- Low torque friction coefficient. Due to the TEFLON top layer, torque friction is low.
- Added value. Using colored bolts into the colored frame work, valve, flange or heat exchanger gives your product extra added value.